That age
When I took a year break from teaching right after John & I got married, I was a registrar at a church daycare center. Other than holding the babies, my favorite age of children were the toddlers and early two year olds. They had reached the age of starting to communicate with words and were eager to hug those they recognized.
D & E are at that age.
E will often run to my lap to talk to me. Her language consists of a bunch of gibberish with the occasional English word mixed in. Something like: "hflsjkfosjisoio eyes, hiofjiocnjkakl potty, jiodsjfioojicjis chicken, dkjosajifjisdoajhk wash your hands."
D has a flirty face (which concerns me greatly for later in life, but that's another post!). His language is similar to E's, but he begins his sentences with "Ummmm" or "Sooo". (John has NO idea where he picked that up!) He also must use hand gestures to get his point across.
I love this age.
Don't get me wrong... they have some "terrible twos" tendencies. But most of those instances are erasable from my brain with a spontaneous hug or kiss.
Has anyone out there discovered how to make time slow down?
Comments